This article will tell you the ways to use henna for hair growth. Healthy and beautiful hair is something that we all struggle for. While we attempt various methods that promise to treat our damaged hair, actually never works. There are different aspects that cause hair problems–prolonged illness, hormonal imbalance, imbalanced diet, stress, pollution and hereditary reasons being a few. There are various solutions that one can use to develop the health and texture of hair. One such element is henna. It is one of the most admired beauty herbs in tropical countries. It is well-known for its cooling properties. Since ancient times, it has been used to make hair healthy, shiny, gorgeous and strong. You can also read these related articles How to Use Onion for Hair Growth? and How to Speed up Hair Growth? on our website.
Why is Henna Good for Your Hair?
Henna is a natural herbal powder, which is mainly used for coloring hair. But it has other benefits also. It is a natural remedy for dandruff. It also nurtures your scalp and promote hair by making it healthy and smooth. Henna works as an excellent conditioner for the hair.
Benefits of Henna For Hair Growth
- Henna consists of cooling properties, it soothe and cleanse your hair when applied.
- Henna acts as an excellent natural conditioner for your hair.
- It helps add volume and shine to your hair, but also prevents it from further damage by producing a double coating on your hair.
- Henna helps restore the pH balance of your scalp and cleanses the dirt.
- It lessens hair fall, dandruff, and other scalp issues.
- It helps to cure acne, warts, and boils.
- It also prevents your hair thinning and gray hair by making them lustrous and healthy.
Different Methods to Use Henna for Hair Growth
1.) Indian Gooseberry and Henna for Hair Growth
Henna is well known for its hair benefits. To make this remedy more effective, add Indian gooseberry, hibiscus, and acacia to it. Henna is widely used in Ayurveda for treating hair and scalp problems. In a matter bowl adds 2 cups of Henna powder, acacia powder, 1/2 cup of Indian gooseberry powder, 1 Egg white and 1 tablespoon of basil leaves powder lemon and water to make it a thick paste. Leave it for 3-4 hours and then apply on your hair and roots. Leave it for a few hours and wash it with moderate water (neither too cold nor too hot). It depends on you whether you want to mix all the powder or can also buy a pack which contains all the powder.
2.) Coffee, Beetroot, and Henna for Hair Growth
This is one of the excellent remedies to use henna for hair growth and to prevent gray hair. You can also add lemons and eggs in above-mentioned ingredients to make it more effective. This hair pack will provide natural burgundy color to your hair that looks exactly like the salon prepared color. Take 2 Cups of Henna, Tea Liquor and Lemon Juice for mixing, 1 Whole Egg White (Optional), 2 tablespoons of Coffee Powder and Beet Root Juice.The most vital thing to choose is the right quality of henna from a good brand. Now, put the henna in an iron bowl. It is said the iron bowl is more effective than any other add the tea liquor in it and mix constantly, to avoid lumps. Now, add the coffee powder. Leave the mixture overnight. The next day before applying the henna, add lemon juice, egg white, and beetroot juice. Mix all the ingredients well and apply the henna on hair evenly. Keep this pack for 2 to 3 hours, rinse it off the henna with normal water and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. You can apply this pack 2-3 times in a month for hair growth.
3.) Gingili Oil and Henna for Hair Growth
Henna is beneficial for natural hair growth. It also supplies a healthy glow and volume to your hair. It can also be used to make your own essential oil, to treat hair fall, to get rid of white hair, and pollution. This oil also encourages hair growth naturally. Take 5 cups of Henna powder and 1/4kg of Gingili oil. Boil Gingili oil and add the henna powder to it. Leave it for 5-6 minutes. Wait for the mixture to cool down completely, and store this mixture in a bottle for future dealing. Make sure you apply this oil for 2- 3 times in a week for about 2 months.
4.) Indian Gooseberries, Hibiscus and Henna for Hair Growth
This is definitely the best home remedy to use henna for hair growth and it also works as a conditioner for smooth and silky hair. All the components used in this pack are useful that have been used for ages to treat hair issues and providing healthy hair. Take 2 cups of Henna powder, Hibiscus flower powder, fenugreek powder and 1 tablespoon of Orange peel powder, Amla powder. Mix all these ingredients well and put some amount of yogurt before 1-2 hours of applying it to the hair. Apply this mixture on your hair. Wash out the hair after 1 hour, and make sure to cover your hair with plastic wrap.
5.) Mustard Oil, Fenugreek, and Henna for Hair Growth
This is one of the best remedies for healthy hair. It contains the richness of fenugreek and mustard oil – both are well known for their benefits for promoting healthy hair. It is one of the most beneficial natural masks for dry hair treatment. Fenugreek is loaded with protein that provides essential nutrients to the hair follicles, whereas mustard oil promotes blood circulation in the scalp. Take 2 cups of Henna, Mustard oil and ½ cup of Fenugreek seeds. Soak the fenugreek and henna seeds individually in water overnight and next morning grind the fenugreek seeds to make a paste. Mix the fenugreek paste and mustard oil to the henna, mix well and apply the pack on scalp and hair. Leave the pack for 2 hours then wash it off with normal water using a mild shampoo.
6.) Olive Oil, Egg White and Henna for Hair Growth
To keep your hair healthy olive oil is the important factor. Dandruff is generally the reason of excessive dryness of the scalp and olive oil helps in nourishing and moisturizing the scalp in a gentle way. This is one of the efficient natural remedies for psoriasis also. Egg white is a great source of protein that is vital for healthy hair.
Ingredients: Olive oil, Henna, and Egg White Pack
2 cups Henna Powder
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Egg White
Water for mixing
Take 2 cups of henna powder and mix it with water. Keep this mixture for overnight. Next morning, mix some olive oil and egg white to make a smooth paste. Now, apply this pack on your hair and keep it for 2 hours. Rinse out your hair with lukewarm water and wash out with a mild shampoo. Do this process once or twice in a month for strong and shiny hair.
7.) Henna and Banana Pack for Hair Growth
This is one of the best combinations to try. It makes the hair look glossy and easy to manage. Henna and banana pack improves the elasticity of the hair and nourishes it. It keeps the hair conditioned for a few days. Follow the method given below for faster hair growth.
- In two tablespoons of henna powder, mix enough water to get a thick paste. Leave this paste like that overnight.
- Next morning, add a mashed ripe banana in this bowl of soaked henna. Keep this prepared paste aside.
- Wash your normally with your regular shampoo and then replace this pack with your conditioner.
- Apply this banana and henna pack on your damp hair and wait for atleast 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash your hair either with cool water or lukewarm water.
- Apply this hair pack once in a week to grow hair faster.
8.) Henna and Coconut Milk to Grow Hair
The combination of henna and coconut oil is very good for the health of the hair. It is a perfect pack for extremely dry hair. It adds volume to the hair, makes it smooth and controls frizz. Follow the method given below to grow hair faster.
- Warm a cup of coconut oil.
- Mix in it 10 tablespoons of henna powder and 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir it well to get a smooth and consistent paste which is free of lumps.
- Massage this pack well on your hair and scalp.
- After an hour, wash your hair with a mild sulfate-free shampoo.
- Apply your regular conditioner.
- Repeat this remedy once in a week for faster hair growth.
9.) Henna and Lemon Juice for Hair Growth
This is one of the amazing packs to try for faster hair growth. It is a great option for people with oily hair. This pack strengthens the hair follicles. It imparts color to the hair and perfectly covers all the grays. If you want to give your hair a brownish color rather than orange red, then use black coffee instead of black tea. Green tea has antioxidants that protect the hair from damage. Follow the steps given below to grow hair.
- Mix one cup of henna powder in one cup of fresh brewed green tea.
- Stir it until you get consistent paste and leave it for one night.
- Next morning, mix two tablespoons of lemon juice in it.
- Massage this paste on your scalp and hair. Forget about it for the next 3 hours.
- Rinse it off with a mild sulfate free shampoo and use cool or lukewarm water to do so. Complete the washing by using a good conditioner.
- Repeat this procedure once in every month to grow hair fast.
10.) Henna and Aloe Vera for Faster Hair Growth
This is one of the wonderful combinations that is worth trying. This excellent pack is extremely good for dry hair. It conditions the hair properly. It is a perfect option to fight issues like dandruff and scalp irritation. Follow the steps given below to grow hair.
- Take one normal size Aloe Vera leaf and cut out its thorns. Now, chop the Aloe Vera leaf in small pieces.
- In a jar, add this Aloe Vera leaf and one cup of fresh henna leaves. Grind them together until you get a smooth green paste.
- Now, apply some coconut oil on your neck, ears and hairline so that it is protected from the color.
- Take an applicator brush and apply this mixture on your hair from roots to tips.
- Do this section wise so that it is easy for you. Wrap every section of hair on the crown so that in the end it forms like a bun.
- Next, cover your bun with a shower cap and you can do any other work for the next few hours.
- Rinse it off with your regular shampoo and skip the conditioning part.
- Repeat this treatment once in every month to grow hair faster.
11.) Curd and Henna to Grow Hair
This is one of the best combinations to grow hair fast. The probiotic properties of curd encourage hair growth and maintain the health of the scalp. It locks hydration and reduces frizz. Curd is slightly acidic which seals the hair cuticle. Follow the steps given below for faster hair growth.
- In one fourth cup of henna powder, mix two third cup of curd.
- Mix it well to get a consistent paste and leave for one hour.
- Wrap the bowl with a heat pack so that the paste develops properly.
- After an hour, coat your neck, earline and hairline with coconut oil so that it is protected from the color.
- Use an applicator brush to apply it evenly on your hair.
- Doing it section wise will make your task easier.
- Start from roots and then go till the tips.
- Wrap every section of hair on the top of the head.
- Wear a shower cap and then you can do your daily work for the next few hours.
- Wash the henna out of your hair with your regular shampoo and leave the conditioning part.
- Apply this curd and henna pack once in every month to grow hair fast.
12.) Henna and Multani Mitti for Hair Growth
This is one of the amazing combinations to grow hair fast. It prevents hair loss that is caused due to oily scalp. It removes the impurities, dirt and grease from the scalp. Follow the steps given below to grow hair fast.
- Mix two tablespoons of multani mitti and henna powder.
- Add enough water to get a smooth and consistent paste.
- Before going to bed, apply this paste on the hair and cover your hair with an old towel or a cloth.
- Let the pack stay on the hair overnight.
- Next morning, wash the hair with a mild sulfate free shampoo.
- Repeat this method once in every week for faster hair growth.
13.) Henna and Castor Oil to Grow Hair
This is one of the excellent combinations for faster hair growth. Castor oil conditions the hair and fights issues like dandruff, breakage and dryness. It encourages hair growth and stimulates the growth from dormant follicles. Follow the steps given below to grow hair.
- In 500ml of castor oil, soak two cups of henna leaves.
- Shake the glass jar so that the ingredients mix well.
- Heat this mixture for a few seconds so that it turns a little warm.
- Store it in a dark and cool place so that you can use it later.
- Massage this mixture on your scalp from roots to tips.
- Continue massaging for 15 minutes and then leave it for the next 45 minutes.
- Wrap a hot towel around your hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair normally.
- Repeat this treatment twice a week for faster hair growth.
14.) Henna and Hibiscus for Hair Growth
This is one of the best combinations for faster hair growth. It conditions the hair properly and makes it look smooth and silky. It maintains the health of the scalp and reduces dryness and dandruff. Follow the steps given below to grow hair.
- Grind a handful of henna and hibiscus leaves to get a consistent and smooth paste.
- Add enough water to reduce the thickness of the paste.
- In this paste, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this pack on your scalp and hair.
- After 20 minutes, wash your hair with a mild sulfate free shampoo.
- Repeat this method per week to grow hair fast.
15.) Henna, Coriander and Black Pepper for Hair Growth
The combination of these three ingredients is very good for the hair. It has many benefits for the hair and one of the amazing benefits is that it controls hair fall. Follow the steps given below to grow hair fast.
- Soak 2 cups of henna leaves overnight in a bowl of water.
- Grind one tablespoon of black peppercorns and a handful of coriander leaves together.
- Add these ingredients in the henna powder.
- Apply it evenly on your hair strands from roots to tips.
- After 2 hours, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.