In this article, we will discuss the home remedies for dandruff treatment. Everyone take dandruff as a burden because hair defines our personality more than any other attributes. Home remedies for dandruff treatment are not only useful to treat dandruff, but they are also helpful for a healthy hair growth. Spending loads of money on medical treatment and hair care products is not always the right choice. We can’t ignore the harmful effects of chemicals present in the products available in the market. Instead of using chemicals you can go for natural remedies for dandruff treatment. While using natural remedies you should have some patience and let them work on your hair.
Home Remedies For Dandruff Treatment:
1.) Coconut Oil for Dandruff Treatment
There is no one around us who has never applied coconut oil on their hair. Coconut oil is proven to be the best natural conditioner for hair growth and dandruff treatment. It does not contains any harmful chemical that will harm your hair. The benefits of using coconut oil are countless. You can use coconut oil as your regular hair oil. For best result you should use hot coconut oil as it deeply penetrates through the scalp. Some of its benefits are listed below.
- Remove dandruff from the hair.
- It acts as a moisturizer.
- Prevents breakage
- Repair damaged hair
- Keep scalp well-nourished, healthy and strengthen the hair shaft.
- Promotes hair growth of new hair.
2.) Hot Oil to Get Rid of Dandruff
While commercial hair products contain enriching ingredients to keep your hair dandruff free, hot oil treatment with olive, jojoba or coconut, oil will add that extra glow to your hair. Hot oil treatment is more beneficial as the ingredients present in the oil do not get absorbed by the scalp and that causes dandruff. Just heat up the oil you are using to make it lukewarm. After heating the oil, give a nice massage to your scalp and hair. Now, the oil will soak deeper into the root and will help you to get rid of dandruff.
3.) Garlic for Dandruff Treatment
Bacteria are the reason behind dandruff and that should be controlled. Garlic has antifungal properties that can be used to get rid of dandruff as it eliminates harmful bacteria causing the problem.
- Blend some garlic branches with honey and then mix it well.
- Apply the mixer to your scalp properly for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Leave the hair for some time and then wash it with normal water.
- The anti-fungal property of garlic will help you to eliminate dandruff from your head.
4.) Fenugreek seeds for Dandruff Treatment
Fenugreek seeds can also help reduce the occurrence of dandruff naturally. It has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which help eliminate the white flakes.
- Soak three or four fenugreek seeds in water and leave it for the whole night.
- Take out the fenugreek seeds from the water and make a paste by grinding it, in the next morning.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of unsweetened yogurt to the paste, mix it properly. This will add some extra benefits along with fenugreek seeds.
- Apply the mixer to your scalp properly and then leaves the hair for about an hour at least.
- Now, just rinse or wash your hair with normal shampoo, repeat the process once or twice in a week for better effect.
- You can increase the iteration depending upon your need, by doing it thrice in a week.
5.) Lemon Juice for Dandruff Treatment
Lemon contains citric acid in it, which is best to remove fungi from the head. Fungi are the main cause of dandruff in hair. Lemon juice will help you to kill those fungi who are ruining your life and causing damage to your hair. It is one of the easiest remedies for dandruff treatment at home.
- Take ½ part of a lemon juice and then add about ¼ cup of unsweetened yogurt in it.
- Mix the lemon juice with unsweetened yogurt properly.
- Apply this on your scalp and to your hair well.
- Wait for 10 minutes after been applying the mixer on the scalp.
- Just rinse your hair after 10 minutes with the shampoo you use daily.
Alternatively, you can simply add the lemon juice in little water. Apply it on the scalp and to hair, leave for 3-5 minutes. Then just rinse your hair with any shampoo of your like.
6.) Olive Oil to Remove Dandruff
This remedy is one of the simplest ones which you would like. Olive oil is easily available and prevalent in healing hair related problems. Olive oil not only fixes the hair related problem but also skin related problems too.
- Take a few teaspoons of olive oil in a bowl and bring to heat till it becomes warm.
- Apply this lukewarm olive oil to your scalp properly.
- Leave the hair for at least an hours by covering it with a wet towel.
- Rinse your hair after that and then apply shampoo or conditioner accordingly.
- Repeat the process 3-4 times in a week for better effect.
7.) Baking Soda for Dandruff Treatment
Baking soda has incredible property to remove the dead cells and excess oil along with this, it also reduces the fungi growth on the scalp to control dandruff. Ignoring baking soda role to remove dandruff would be a bad idea.
- Take ½ cup of baking soda in a bowl.
- Make your hair wet and then just rub the scalp with baking soda properly.
- Leave the hair for a few minutes and then rinse the hair with warm water.
- Repeat the process at least twice a week or according to your need.
8.) White Vinegar to Remove Dandruff
Dandruff in the winter season is more prevalent, white vinegar has property to control dandruff in the winter season. So, it has proven to be another good remedy to get rid of dandruff problems.
- Take a bowl, add 2 cups of water in it and then add ½ cup of white vinegar to make a solution.
- Clean the hair and scalp with the solution properly and then leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse your hair with normal shampoo.
- Alternately, you can just mix the white vinegar in olive oil and follow the above instructions.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Cure Dandruff
Vinegar helps in killing dandruff-causing fungus and bacteria. It is one of the most powerful remedies for dandruff. Vinegar will help you to get rid of the unwanted skin that would flake off into dandruff. The acidic nature of vinegar changes the pH of the scalp making it harder for the yeast to grow.
- Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar, two teaspoons of water and 12-15 drops of tea tree oil into a bowl.
- Mix the solution properly and then apply it to your scalp.
- Wait for some time and then rinse it off.
10.) Tea Tree Oil to Remove Dandruff
Tea tree oil is one of the most effective home remedies for dandruff treatment. Excess oil is the root cause of dandruff but there are some oils that can still be helpful in treating dandruff naturally. The tea tree oil has fungicidal properties which are beneficial to overall soothing to the skin. You should make sure that the tea tree oil is for topical use only.
- Add 3-4 drops of tea tree oil to either coconut oil or olive oil which ever you have.
- Dilute the solution and apply it on your scalp and to the hair thoroughly.
- Leave your hair for at least half an hour, you can also leave the hair overnight by covering it with a shower cap.
- Rinse the hair with water and apply any shampoo. Do it once or twice in a week according to your need.