This article is about how to get rid of hickeys? Hickeys is also known as kiss marks or love bites. These marks are kind of bruises that are caused due to sucking the skin harshly. This action damages inner tissue of the skin causing or leaving a bruise on the skin. Sucking of skin in such manner coagulate blood in the area. This result in blood clotting. You would usually find such marks or hickeys on neck, shoulder, chest. Though they can be done anywhere on the body. But hickeys on the neck, shoulder or any other visible body part can be quite embarrassing in public. Usually these marks fade away on their own in a couple of weeks. However, you can speed up the healing process by following below mentioned home remedies. These remedies are easy, simple and very effective. Follow these remedies and get rid of hickeys to save yourself from embarrassment in your family, around your friends, or among office colleagues.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
- 1.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast
- 2.) Banana to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally
- 3.) Oranges to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast and Naturally
- 4.) Vitamin K to Remove Hickeys Naturally
- 5.) Cold Compress as a Remedy to Get Rid of Hickeys
- 6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
- 7.) Warm Compresses to Get Rid of Bad Hickeys
- 8.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Love Bites
- 9.) Peppermint Oil to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
1.) Rubbing Alcohol to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast
This home remedy is effective only if done within a few hours after getting the hickey. Alcohol works as an effective disinfectant. It has soothing and cooling properties which help get relief from inflammation and pain. Rubbing alcohol can help get rid of hickeys fast and effectively.
Directions to Use Alcohol for Hickeys Treatment:
- Soak a cotton ball in alcohol and rub with it on the affected area.
- Keep rubbing the area gently for several minutes. This will help reduce any discomfort.
- Alcohol has a drying effect on your skin, so apply a moisturizer to the affected area after rubbing alcohol.
- Repeat this process several times a day for one or two days.
2.) Banana to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally
Banana is another effective home remedy to get rid of hickeys naturally. Banana peels has both soothing and cooling properties which help minimize your hickey fast. It also help prevent inflammation caused due to sucking skin harshly.
Directions to Use Banana to Cure Hickeys:
- Take a banana and cut the peel according to the size of your hickey.
- Keep the inner portion of the peel on your bruise for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times daily to reduce the bruise.
3.) Oranges to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast and Naturally
Orange is known to be rich in Vitamin C contents, which is an essential nutrient to repair your skin. Plus, Vitamin C has healing qualities which helps reduce appearance of hickey faster. Vitamin C is a popular remedy to treat many skin ailments. Similarly it helps treat bruises like hickeys.
Directions to Prevent Hickeys:
- Squeeze out orange juice and apply it on the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes to minimize our bruise.
- Also drink enough orange juice after you get a hickey.
- Go for fresh orange juice instead of packaged one.
- Other than that, you can take 500 mg of Vitamin C thrice daily for a week to help restore your collagen.
4.) Vitamin K to Remove Hickeys Naturally
Vitamin K is another option to avoid hickeys. Vitamin K helps control clotting of blood which helps prevent bruises. It also helps absorb the collective blood and boost up the healing process. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Vitamin K to Prevent Hickeys:
- Take a Vitamin K lotion or cream and apply it onto the hickey 2 or 3 times daily your bruise vanishes.
- Also, Eat food rich in Vitamin K such as broccoli, spinach, soybean oil, brown rice, and fish oil for several days.
- Plus, you can take Vitamin K supplements as well to speed up the healing process. But, before taking any supplements, consult your doctor.
5.) Cold Compress as a Remedy to Get Rid of Hickeys
Blood clot is required to be broken apart in order to spread blood out. This can be done by applying a cold compress on the affected skin area. Any type of cold compress will help tighten ruptured capillaries and thus reduce clotting of blood.
Directions to Use Cold Compress to for Hickeys Treatment:
- Take some ice cube and wrap it in a towel and gently press it against your affected skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Do this several times daily.
- Remember not to apply ice directly on your skin as it can worsen the condition.
- You can use spoon as well by freezing them in refrigerator and apply it the same way as discussed above.
6.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
Aloe Vera acts as a natural moisturizer which helps minimize the sensitivity of your affected skin area. Plus, it has anti-inflammatory and soothing qualities, which helps disintegrate capillaries inside your skin to boost up healing process. Aloe Vera is proven remedy to treat different skin blemishes like acne marks, rashes, bruises, etc. Similarly it is very effective in hickey removal.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera for Hickeys Removal:
- Squeeze out some fresh Aloe Vera gel and apply it onto the hickeys.
- Leave it for a few minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2 or 3 times daily.
- Instead of fresh Aloe Vera gel, you can also use an Aloe Vera cream or lotion.
- Just apply it on the affected skin area 2 or 3 times daily for 3 or 4 days.
7.) Warm Compresses to Get Rid of Bad Hickeys
Heat is another highly beneficial home remedy to treat hickey which is 2 or 3 days old. Warm compress is very helpful as it widen the capillaries and makes way for a fresh blood to circulate and helps clean up the clutter. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Warm Compress:
- Soak a clean cloth in hot water and wring out the excess water from it.
- Hold the cloth against your affected skin for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this 3 times daily to get rid of hickeys faster.
- You can also buy a heat patch from a medical store to massage the skin instead of using a soaked warm cloth.
8.) Cocoa Butter to Get Rid of Love Bites
Cocoa butter works as one of the most effective home remedies to treat bruises like hickeys. It works as an excellent moisturizer to soothe your kiss marks. Plus, it helps promotes growth of new skin tissues faster.
Directions to Use Cocoa Butter For Kiss Marks Treatment:
- Place a warm compress on the hickey firstly for a few minutes.
- After that, apply some cocoa butter on it.
- Massage the area firmly for a few minutes, which will help discourage the clotting of blood and promote blood circulation.
- Repeat this process several times in a day.
- You can use olive oil or almond oil as well instead of cocoa butter.
9.) Peppermint Oil to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally and Fast
Peppermint oil has stimulant effect which helps improve circulation of blood. Thus, it is very effective in getting rid of bruises like hickeys. In addition, peppermint also helps heal the capillary vessels. It also gives a cooling effect which is useful to reduce inflammation in skin.
Directions to Use Peppermint to Remove Hickeys:
- Take some peppermint oil and apply it gently on the affected skin area.
- You may feel some tingling sensation in starting, which will go away quickly.
- Use this remedy only twice a day because it can irritate your skin.
- You can also apply peppermint-based toothpaste on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Wash it off as the tingling goes away.
10.) Finger Massage to Get Rid of Hickeys Naturally
Massaging with finger is another effective remedy to treat older hickey. Massaging the affected area will help amplify blood circulation and boost the healing process of the hickey.
Directions for Finger Massaging:
- Just massage the affected area gently with your fingers.
- Massage starting from the center of the bruise to the outer side of it.
- Repeat this process at least 2 times daily for several minutes.
- Regular massaging will help get rid of hickey faster.