After writing, how to remove pimple marks?, how to remove acne scars?, and how to get rid of keloid scar?, we are now writing the ways to get rid of scars completely. For many people scar tissue is a very common beauty concern. Scars are the mark, which occurs when the scar tissue is damaged. The scars appearance depends on the type of the wound, which is produced by the damage. Repairing of the wound is the process, which is known as scarring. Scars can be small or big and appeared as a stretched skin, which is caused by the accidental injuries, burns, tattoos, bites, scratches and injections. Nobody likes scars on the skin and in this article, we are explaining best remedies to get rid of scars completely. Treating scars is not a big task. Though, it will take the time to get rid of scars completely. Keep reading to know the best home remedies for scars removal completely.
Best Remedies to Get Rid of Scars Completely:
1.) Apply The Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has strong skin healing and scar removing properties, which help to get rid of scars completely. This oil is very strong so dilute it with water before applying. Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tsp of olive oil or almond oil. Apply, this oil mixture on the scars. Leave it for few hours before washing it. Do this once a day for several weeks. Read article on tea tree oil for acne scars.
2.) Use The Lavender Oil
Lavender essential oil has skin cell rejuvenating properties that help to get rid of scars completely. It also prevents scars from becoming permanent, due to increasing the cell turnover rate. Lavender oil is also used to remove scars on legs.
- Rub a few drops of lavender essential oil on the scar.
- Massage in circular motions for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy 2 times a day for several weeks.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar Will Help
Apple cider vinegar is one of the excellent remedies to remove scar tissue. The acidic nature of apple cider vinegar removes the dead skin, which in turn remove the scars completely. Dab a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the scars. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off with water. Now, apply moisturizing lotion. Use this remedy a few times daily for several weeks until the scars is gone. Read article on apple cider vinegar for acne and acne scars.
4.) Apply The Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E is another very effective remedy to treat scar tissue and get rid of scars completely. It contains an antioxidant and moisturizing property, which nourish the skin. This vitamin also helps in the formation of collagen, which improves skin texture.
- Take a vitamin E capsule and extract the oil from it.
- Apply, this liquid on the scars 2 or 3 times daily for several weeks.
- Follow the procedure to see the visible results.
5.) Use The Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the best home remedies for treating scars. The coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that work as antioxidants, preventing free radical damage. Coconut oil also stimulates collagen production and soften the skin to heal the scars. Read article on coconut oil for acne and acne scars.
- Heat 1 tsp of extra virgin coconut oil in the microwave and apply this oil to the scars.
- Gently massage with this oil in circular motions.
- Repeat this remedy several times a day to see the visible result.
6.) Apply The Olive Oil
Olive oil is a very popular ingredient, which can be said to be as one of the most skin friendly oils. This is because of the presence of a loads of vitamins which include vitamins A, D, E, C, B1 and B2. Furthermore, it also contains iron and antioxidants. Natural anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil will also help to remove and get rid of the scars completely. You need to apply olive oil to your scars before going to bed.
- Simply take a few drops of olive oil and gently massage your face using your fingertips. Focus more on the pimple scars while giving an oil massage.
- Continue massaging for a few minutes or untill the time you can feel that all the oil has been absorbed by your skin.
- After you are done with the massage, take a clean towel or a wash cloth and soak it into warm water. Now, put the soaked cloth on to your face in order to get the steam.
- Wipe away all the excess oil gently using the cloth. Do not rub as this can inflame the skin. After 1-2 minutes, wash your face with plain water.
7.) Rub The Potato Slices
Potatoes are known to have natural bleaching agents that work similar to lemon. This is again because of the present of vitamin C in potatoes as well. Using potatoes for skin will help to lighten the skin, reduce scars and also helps to remove the tanning from skin. This makes it as goon natural remedy to get rid of scars completely.
- Simply take a potato and cut it into slices. Rub these slices over your skin until the juice is absorbed. Continue rubbing until you feel that your slice of potato has gone dry.
- After this, take another slice and start rubbing. Repeat the process for a good 15-20 minutes. There is no need to wash as you can leave potato juice on your skin.
- After a few hours, wash your face with plain water. You can also apply moisturizer to prevent the skin from drying.
8.) Use The Tomatoes
Similar to potatoes, tomatoes are also considered as a good bleaching agent. Applying raw tomatoes to the skin will help to reduce the scars and lighten the skin. This makes it as an effective home remedy to get rid of scars completely.
- All you need to do is to take a ripe red tomato and cut it into pieces. Scoop out the pulp of the tomatoes. Apply this pulp onto your skin and leave it to work for a good 15-20 minutes.
- After you are done, wash the skin with lukewarm water. Repeat this process daily in order to get rid of scars completely. Another alternative is to make a tomato mask.
9.) Apply The Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter also helps to get rid of scar tissue. It works as a natural moisturizing agent, which can moisturize the skin layers. It is also rich in vitamin E that helps to repair skin.
- Rub the affected skin with a wet cloth.
- Massage with cocoa butter in circular motions.
- Repeat it up to 3 times a day for several weeks to remove the scars.
10.) Apply The Sandalwood Powder
Sandalwood powder is one of the good home remedies to remove scars tissue. It has many skin regenerating properties that can lighten the scars.
- Add 1 tbsp of pure sandalwood powder in enough water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the scars before bedtime.
- Let it dry completely and in the morning wash it off with lukewarm water. Do it for 1 to 2 months regularly.
11.) Apply The Lemon Juice
Lemon juice plays a vital role to remove scar tissue. The ingredient contains alpha hydroxyl acids that remove the dead skin cells and repair damaged skin. It also acts as a natural bleach which lightens scars. Lemons are known to have natural bleaching agents that can help to lighten the scars and treat them naturally. This makes it as an efficient remedy to get rid of scars completely. The presence of Vitamin C is the actual reason behind the effectiveness of lemons. The use of lemons help in rebuilding the collagen. When used on scars, the spots tend to lighten over a period of time.
Lemon juice proves to be excellent skin lightening agent and many of the cosmetic skin lighteners also use lemon extracts. The acid present in lemons will help to brighten your skin and reduce the visibility and get rid of scars completely. Lemons are also known to fade away the freckles and also helps to lighten the dark scars with a faster pace. Not only can the scars, even swollen pimples be treated with the help of lemons. The lemon juice will help to reduce the redness and is probably the most easily available ingredient which is available all time.
All you need to do is to get them and squeeze out the juice. A few drop of some of the fresh juice when applied to your acne scar can help to give magical results in no time. All you need to make sure is not to step out in the sun after applying lemon juice to your skin. This because lemon will tend to make your skin sensitive and direct sun can result in sun burn or inflammation. After applying lemon, the skin becomes sensitive to the sun’s rays. Even after hours of applying lemons to the skin, when you step out of your home, prefer applying a high SPF sunscreen for better safety.
12.) Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Simply take a fresh lemon and squeeze out the juice. Apply the squeezed juice directly onto your scars using your finger tips or even a cotton ball. Leave the juice on the skin to work for ten minutes and then wash off with plain water. Repeat this procedure once or even twice a day for about three weeks. You will tend to witness your scars diminishing considerably. In case if you wish to, you can even mix a few drops of honey along with your lemon juice. This will add to the already existing benefits of lemons, thus making it more effective to get rid of scars completely.
Consider diluting the lemon juice in case your skin is sensitive or hyper sensitive. You can either dilute the juice with plain water or some other base oil. Mixing Vitamin E oil with lemon juice and then apply this to your acne scars is considered really beneficial because adding vitamin E adds to the already existing benefits of lemon juice. Vitamin E is a popular emollient which is known to have a lot of antioxidants that help to protect and even improves your skin’s texture.
13.) Make Lemon Mask
In order to prepare a lemon mask, you will require the following ingredients:
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Almond oil – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
Follow the steps carefully in order to prepare lemon face mask and apply to get rid of scars completely. Simply mix all the ingredients together and apply on the scars. Repeat this once daily and continue for about 7-10 days. This will help to get rid of scars completely when used religiously.
14.) Use The Honey
Honey is a natural moisturizer, which is used to treat scars. This natural ingredient can promote the tissue regeneration and also prevent excess collagen growth.
- Apply, raw honey on the scars and massage gently for ten minutes. After 1 an hour rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use honey remedy twice daily for several weeks to get the effective results.
- Simply apply honey onto the scars and leave it to work overnight. Wash the skin with plain water the next morning. As an alternative, you can also mix 2 tablespoons of honey with ¼ cup of oatmeal.
- Apply this obtained mixture gently on your scars. Leave the mixture to work for about 15-20 minutes. Wash the skin with lukewarm water.
- You can also mix half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the obtained mixture onto the scars. Leave the mixture to work overnight and wash off the next morning.
15.) Aspirin and Honey Mask
Well yes, we know that aspirin is not a natural ingredient but you can always use it when mixed with other natural ingredients like honey. This will help you to get rid of scars completely. The presence of salicylic acid in aspirin will work wonders and the gritty texture of aspirin will also give you the perfect exfoliation.
- Simply dissolve the 2-3 aspirin tablet in water in order to form a paste like consistency. Avoid using plenty of water as this will not give you the gritty texture for exfoliation which is actually required.
- Now, once the aspirin is dissolved, put a few drops of honey in this. With the help of a cotton ball, apply this mixture over the scars. Keep it to work for around a good 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the remedy once every 3 days in order to get rid of scars completely.
16.) Scar Creams, Ointments, and Gels
There are many products, which are available in the market. These products help to reduce the appearance of scars. Mederma and Kelo-cote Advance Formula scar gel both are the products, which remove the scars completely. Apply, these gel gently on your scars and before going outside use SPF on your scar as the sun will darken the scar. In worse condition, you can consult a doctor.
Some Useful Tips to Prevent Scars:
- Don’t use hydrogen peroxide and Vitamin E to treat the scars.
- Do not go in the sun as the harmful ultraviolet rays may cause dark discolorations.
- Maintain a proper balanced diet.
- Don’t smoke and drink alcohol.
- Do not touch the scars area. Be patient, scars fade with time.
- Before going outside, use sunscreen to keep the scar from getting worse.
- One can also apply toothpaste to get rid of scars.
- Taking vitamin C supplements helps to speed up the healing process.
- Don’t scratch the tissue with your nails.