In this article we will discuss different home remedies to treat chicken pox naturally. Chicken pox is a highly contagious disease and can spread easily from one person to another person. This infectious disease is mainly caused by a virus known as varicella zoster virus. Chicken pox normally occurs as a skin rash and later develop as itchy bump or blisters all over your body. Children below 12 years of age are more prone to suffer chicken pox. However, it doesn’t mean it can infect only children, a person of any age can also suffer from chicken pox. Other than children, pregnant women and people with weak immune system are also more vulnerable to get chicken pox. It usually takes 10 to 15 days to cure chicken pox. Although treatment depends upon the age, sex and personal health of a person. It’s a long healing process, but with following home remedies for chicken pox (mentioned below), one can get some relief from itchiness, pain and inflammation caused in this condition. Before discussing remedies, let us know the symptoms related to chicken pox.
Symptoms of Chicken Pox:
- Rashes on skin
- Itchiness in skin
- Blister formation on all over skin.
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in muscles
Home Remedies for Chicken Pox Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Chicken Pox Treatment:
- 1.) Honey as a Remedy for Chicken Pox Treatment
- 2.) Baking Soda as Remedy for Chicken Pox Treatment
- 3.) Oatmeal Bath as a Remedy for Chicken Box
- 4.) Indian Lilac as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
- 5.) Vinegar as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
- 6.) Carrots and Coriander Soup to Treat Chicken Pox
- 7.) Epsom Salt to Prevent Chicken Pox
- 8.) Sandalwood Oil as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
- 9.) Jasmine as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
- 10.) Diet for Chicken Pox
1.) Honey as a Remedy for Chicken Pox Treatment
Properties of Honey:
- An excellent ingredient to cure irritation.
- It is a natural antibacterial element.
- Honey acts as a soothing agent as it contains natural sugar and antibacterial properties.
Procedure to Use Honey to Cure Chicken Pox Fast at Home:
- Take some raw honey and apply a thick layer on your affected skin.
- Leave it for several minutes.
- Later, wash it off properly.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 days for faster results.
- Prefer raw honey instead of processed honey to get maximum benefits.
Other Uses of Honey:
2.) Baking Soda as Remedy for Chicken Pox Treatment
Properties of Baking Soda:
- Prevents irritation of skin.
- Reduces rashes on skin.
- Reduces itchiness of skin.
- It has healing and detoxing properties.
- Also, has natural antibacterial properties.
Procedure to Use Baking Soda to Cure Chicken Pox Scar:
- Mix ½ tsp of baking soda in a glass of water.
- Soak a piece of clean cloth in the solution.
- Wring the cloth to remove excess water from it.
- Place the soaked cloth on the affected skin.
- Leave it for a few minutes to dry.
- Other than that, add 1 cup of baking soda in a warm bath water tub.
- Soak yourself in it for several minutes.
Other Benefits of Baking Soda:
3.) Oatmeal Bath as a Remedy for Chicken Box
Properties of Oatmeal:
- Anti inflammatory and suitable for most skin types including the sensitive skin type as well.
- Helps remove dead skin cells.
- Contains saponins, which act as a mild cleansing agent.
- Prevents rashes and soothes skin.
- Removes toxins off the skin.
Procedure of Preparing Oatmeal Bath to Prevent Chicken Pox:
- Pound 2 to 3 cups of oatmeal to make a fine powder.
- Keep this powdered oatmeal in a half filled gallon of water.
- Make sure to keep water lukewarm.
- Immerse yourself in the oatmeal bath water for 20 to 30 minutes.
Other Benefits of Oatmeal:
- Consume to meet the need of Omega 3 fatty acids and iron.
- Acne treatment
- Dry skin treatment
- As a face mask
4.) Indian Lilac as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
Properties of Indian Lilac:
- Indian lilac also known as margosa or neem has antiviral properties.
- Fights against varicella zoster virus, which is responsible for causing chicken pox.
- It relieves from irritation and itchiness caused due to blisters and rashes.
- It has anti inflammatory, anti bacterial, anti-fungal, antimutagenic and anticarcinogenic properties
Procedure to Use Indian Lilac for Chicken Pox Treatment:
- Place lilac fronds all around the room of the patient.
- Place it around bed, door of the room.
- Use lilac frond as fan to fan the patient.
- Also, you can crush some leaves and make a paste to apply on the affected skin of the patient.
- Other than that you can add a few leaves of it in bath water.
Other Benefits of Indian Lilac:
5.) Vinegar as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
Properties of Vinegar:
- An effective ingredient for medicinal purposes.
- It contains acetic acid, which helps to kill harmful bacteria.
- Helps reduce irritation and make blisters dry off faster.
- Also helps to avoid post marks caused by chicken pox.
Procedure to Use Vinegar for Chicken Pox Treatment:
- Take some brown Vinegar in a bath tub.
- Pour some lukewarm bath water in the tub to mix it well.
- Taking bath in this water will help cure your chicken pox fast.
Other Uses of Vinegar:
6.) Carrots and Coriander Soup to Treat Chicken Pox
- Rich in antioxidant properties.
- Fasten healing process.
- Rich source of vitamin A & C which help building up strong immune system.
- Helps preventing infection.
- Put some carrots and coriander leaves in a bowl.
- Add enough water in the bowl.
- Boil it for a few minutes.
- Strain the soup and let it cool.
- Drink this soup twice a day for a month to cure chicken pox.
- Alternatively, you can eat boiled carrots and coriander leaves which will strengthen you to fight against the chicken pox.
Uses of Carrots and Coriander:
- Carrots contains essential nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
- Coriander helps treat Alzheimer and increase level of friendly cholesterol.
7.) Epsom Salt to Prevent Chicken Pox
Properties of Epsom Salt:
- Epsom salt contains magnesium and sulfate, which helps in alleviating itchiness caused due to chicken pox.
- Gives relief from pain.
- Soothes inflammation of skin.
Procedures to Use Epsom Salt:
- Mix a sufficient amount of Epsom salt in warm water.
- Take a clean piece of cloth and soak it in the solution.
- Wring it to get rid of excess water.
- Place it on your affected skin for some time.
- Let it cool down before removing the cloth.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a day.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt in it and dissolve it properly.
- Soak yourself in it for 20 to 30 minutes every day to get rid of chicken pox.
- Be careful in order to prevent any damage to blisters.
Other Uses of Epsom Salt:
8.) Sandalwood Oil as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
Properties of Sandal Wood:
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- It has anti inflammatory and natural soothing properties.
- Also known to have antispasmodic, astringent, carminative and diuretic properties.
Procedure to Use Sandalwood for Chickenpox Treatment:
- Mix sufficient amount of sandalwood oil and turmeric powder to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the suffering skin gently. Be careful, not to damage your blisters.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water carefully. Pat it dry.
- Other than that, you can simply rub sandalwood oil on the concerned skin directly to reduce inflammation and itchiness.
Other Uses of Sandalwood:
9.) Jasmine as a Remedy for Chicken Pox
Properties of Jasmine:
- Alleviates pain because of having antispasmodic properties.
- It has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Boosts skin immunity and protect skin from seasons change.
Procedure to Use Jasmine for Chickenpox Treatment:
- Buy jasmine tea from your local market and drink it 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can make a jasmine bath with the help of jasmine flower and some rice water.
- Just add a handful of grounded jasmine flowers with sufficient rice water.
- Now, add this mixture to your lukewarm bath water.
- Take a bath with this solution regularly to get rid of chicken pox.
Other Uses of Jasmine:
10.) Diet for Chicken Pox
If you are suffering from chicken pox, you need to include some basic nutrients in order to boost your immunity to fight and heal yourself faster. A good diet will help flush toxic wastes from the cells to heal chicken pox. Follow the below mentioned Do’s and Dont’s to treat chicken pox effectively.
- Include plenty of vegetable and fruits in your diet.
- Include juices rich in Vitamin A & C.
- Chicken soup and vegetable soup are quite effective.
- Make smoothies of cabbage, broccoli, kale, blackberries, and elderberries.
- Drink plenty of water and other nutritious drinks.
- Limit intake of sugar and processed food.
- Avoid dairy product, but yogurt is allowed.
- Limit intake of meat, bread or foods which takes time to digest.
- Avoid salt, chilies, butter and spicy food.