In this article, we are talking about home remedies to treat Emphysema naturally. It is a chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of the lungs. In this condition, lungs lose alveoli, elasticity. Moreover, the bronchioles become permanently swollen with air. The number of blood vessels is concentrated. Symptoms of emphysema include difficulty in exhaling, shortness of breathlessness, chronic, wheezing, coughing, fatigue, weight loss, low appetite and increased mucous production.
Sometimes, Emphysema can also be genetic. It doesn’t matter whether someone is consuming marijuana or tobacco, it can build up in any usual smoker. The small capillaries present in lung tissues get damaged. In time, blood flow will also turn down that causes further more problems. Fortunately, there are various natural remedies for emphysema treatment. These remedies improve health naturally, effectively and safely. The main reason of this disease is long-term contact with cigarettes, smoke or other toxic chemicals. Here we’ve mentioned some helpful home remedies to treat emphysema. You can also read this related article Home Remedies for COPD Treatment on our website.
Causes of Emphysema:
Apart from tobacco smoking, marijuana may also cause this disease. Other causes are:
- Exposure to air pollution, silica dust, coal, factory fumes, etc.
- Inheritance of deficiency of Alpha-1 antitrypsin, which is a protein that provides protection to the lung elastic tissue.
- Bronchial asthma.
Signs and Symptoms of Emphysema:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Chest pain or tightness
- Continuous mucous production.
- Poor quality of sleep.
- Breathing patterns that are abnormal
- A chronic cough, which typically occurs in the mornings.
- Inability to exercise or a reduced capacity for any form of physical activity.
Home Remedies to Treat Emphysema Naturally:
- Home Remedies to Treat Emphysema Naturally:
- 1.) Lemon to Treat Emphysema Naturally
- 2.) Garlic to Avoid Emphysema
- 3.) Eucalyptus Oil to Prevent Emphysema
- 4.) Vitamins to Cure Emphysema
- 6.) Juice to Reduce Emphysema
- 7.) Astralagus to Treat Emphysema
- 8.) Thyme to Cure Emphysema
- 9.) Ephedra to Prevent Emphysema
- 10.) Licorice Extract to Avoid Emphysema
- 11.) Juice Detox And Fasting
- 12.) Increase Sulfur Intake to Treat Emphysema Naturally
- 13.) Quit Smoking to Get Rid of Emphysema
- 14.) Eat Healthy to Reduce Emphysema
- 15.) Be Physically Active to Treat Emphysema
1.) Lemon to Treat Emphysema Naturally
Lemon is one of the great remedies to get rid of emphysema fast and naturally at home. Lemon consists of vitamin C and antibacterial properties that help treat emphysema easily. To try this method, all you have to do is drink 1 teaspoon of this juice 2-3 times a day regularly. You can also add water and honey to it for better taste and benefits. You can also drink it between or before meals.
2.) Garlic to Avoid Emphysema
This is another efficient home remedy to deal emphysema. Garlic has the capacity to dissolve mucus. Through coughing it provides immense relief to the chest congestion. Taking 2 or 3 cloves of garlic every morning on an empty stomach helps in providing relief. Adding a small amount of garlic to your fruit juices can also help removes the symptoms of emphysema.
3.) Eucalyptus Oil to Prevent Emphysema
Eucalyptus oil is helpful in treating emphysema naturally at home without medicines. It helps reducing congestion in the chest due to emphysema. To treat this problem massage, Eucalyptus oil on your chest regularly. Alternatively, you can inhale the steam using eucalyptus oil. For this purpose, all you need is a hot water ion a boil and put 2-3 drops of eucalyptus oil and inhale the steam covering your head using a towel. It is an efficient way to improve the emphysema symptoms.
4.) Vitamins to Cure Emphysema
Increasing intake of foods that contain vitamins like C and E has been verified to be helpful in the management of emphysema. You can also take supplements that contain these two vitamins. You will see, that you gain relief from symptoms in a short period of time.
6.) Juice to Reduce Emphysema
This is also a great way to cure emphysema fast and naturally. Fresh juice made from fruits and vegetables can help in fighting emphysema. Drinking these juices regularly will lessen different symptoms of emphysema as they are high in vitamin and mineral content.
7.) Astralagus to Treat Emphysema
This is a Chinese herb that is known for its capacity to successfully treat the symptoms of emphysema. It speeds up the process of curative in the bronchial tubes. Astralagus also helps you to breathe better as it clears up the lungs.
8.) Thyme to Cure Emphysema
This is a herb that you must add to your daily diet. It helps in the treatment of different respiratory diseases and can be used effectively to treat emphysema as well. However, keep in mind that if you suffer from conditions like heart disease, anxiety or glaucoma avoid taking thyme in that case.
9.) Ephedra to Prevent Emphysema
This is another herb that is highly helpful in the treatment of respiratory disease. To use this remedy for emphysema, take it in the form of tea. Regular intake of ephedra tea will help lessen the symptoms of this disease. Like thyme, one should stay away from Ephedra, in the cases of glaucoma, heart disease, anxiety, etc.
10.) Licorice Extract to Avoid Emphysema
This helps greatly in boosting energy levels and helps in the development of the functions of different internal organs. However, avoid taking licorice extract for more than seven days at a stretch as it can cause a quick increase in blood pressure. This is also a beneficial remedy to treat emphysema at home.
11.) Juice Detox And Fasting
To remove toxins from your body by using juice detox is a great way to boost the immune system. Fasting during detox can be even more helpful in the removal of harmful toxins. To follow the diet, include foods like grains, seeds, nuts, fresh fruits in each meal. Drink a glass of buttermilk as well. Also, eat lots of fruits like oranges, pineapples, papayas, pears and peaches.
12.) Increase Sulfur Intake to Treat Emphysema Naturally
This is another beneficial remedy to cure emphysema naturally. Sulfur is an important mineral that plays an essential role in preserving a healthy body. It helps in the formation of the body’s protein arrangement. It also plays a crucial role in some metabolic processes. It is a common part of the food chain and is non-toxic and bio-available. It is one of the best remedies to treat emphysema, which is why increasing your sulfur intake is important.
13.) Quit Smoking to Get Rid of Emphysema
If you smoke, stop and even if you don’t smoke, don’t start. As already point out, smoking is a root cause of Emphysema so quit smoking. Loss of lung tissue happens at a faster rate among smokers in comparison to those who do not smoke, it is important to quit smoking. It will help lower down the rate of loss. This is also helpful in reducing emphysema fast at home.
14.) Eat Healthy to Reduce Emphysema
Eating a nutritious, well-balanced diet can be highly helpful in treating emphysema. It will help you in upholding a healthy weight, which in turn will help you breathe without any difficulty. You do need a special diet to treat emphysema or any other COPD. However, experts suggest limiting your intake of salt, eating foods that are healthy and often eating smaller meals. These will all help in proper weight preservation.
15.) Be Physically Active to Treat Emphysema
Make sure that you stay physically active. It is one of the most important things, when you undergo from COPD-like emphysema. It can help in dealing with the various symptoms of emphysema. Although it seems counter instinctive to exercise. This happens especially when you are experiencing a condition that causes breathing problems. Experts say that exercising regularly can actually help in the growth of the muscles in the respiratory system. Also, it improves breathing as well as overall stamina and strength. Any activity like gardening, walking or even shopping can be helpful.
Preventive Measures to Get Rid of Emphysena:
- Quit smoking. By quitting smoking you can either reduce emphysema or slow its development.
- You also should limit your contact to air pollution.
- Limit your outdoor activity when there are reports of high pollution levels. People in contact to harmful chemicals at work.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water daily.
- Avoid caffeine and other drinks such as coffee, soda, tea and energy drinks, as they it can lead to dehydration.
- Drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices daily.
- Broths, soups and smoothies also help enhance your fluid intake.
- Avoid or limit caffeinated drinks.
- If you have emphysema, ask your doctor about vaccinations against pneumococcal pneumonia and influenza (flu). These vaccinations can help you keep away from life-threatening respiratory diseases and other lung disease.
- Avoid alcohol, as they may deteriorate your coughing.