This article deals with the remedies to stop underarms odor. How does your underarm smell? Is it yucky? Stinky? How does it feel when people don’t want to come close to you? Well, this is socially disaster. It’s an embarrassing situation while those people whom you are talking to resist coming close to you and step back. Also, sometimes try to avoid you. It’s obvious that they won’t tell you directly on your face because it might hurt you. Sometimes, we don’t realize that you have this body odor. The reason could be that we are so adaptable to our body that it do not smell its own odor because the smell is constant. But if you find people turning away from you, that means that’s a warning, an alert for you to wake up and see what’s wrong with you.
Well, not to worry much. It’s not a serious problem. Mild body odor is normal, but the odor in an excessive and unpleasant way is not good. Strong and unpleasant odor come from the body when our sweat glands are overactive. It is not your sweat which stinks, but the bacteria mixed with your sweat. These bacteria grow quickly in the warm and moist environment.
Body odor can be treated with different home and natural remedies. A good hygiene is also an essential part to getting rid of underarms odor. In this article, we have jotted some different remedies to treat underarms odor. Also read these related articles How to get rid of dark underarms? and Home remedies to remove foot odor on our website.
Symptoms of Underarms Odor:
- You abruptly start to sweat a great deal pretty much than common.
- Sweating disturbs your day by day schedule.
- You encounter night sweats for no evident reason.
- You see a change in your body odor.
Remedies to Stop Underarms Odor:
- Remedies to Stop Underarms Odor:
- 1.) Baking Soda to Stop Underarms Odor
- 2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Underarms Odor
- 3.) Lemon Juice to Stop Underarms Odor
- 4.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
- 5.) Chamomile to Stop Underarms Odor
- 6.) Tomatoes to Reduce Underarms Odor
- 7.) Wheat Grass to Stop Underarms Odor
- 8.) Turnips to Stop Underarms Odor
- 9.) Rosemary to Stop Underarms Odor
- 10.) Sandalwood Powder to Stop Underarms Odor
- 11.) Apply Tea Tree Oil to Stop Underarms Odor
- 12.) Hydrogen Peroxide Remedy to Stop Underarms Odor
- 13.) Sage to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
- 14.) Change Your Diet to Stop Underarms Body Odor
- 15.) Baking Soda and Cornstarch to Stop Underarms Odor
- 16.) Parsley to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
- 17.) Salt to Eliminate Underarms Odor
- 18.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
- 19.) Witch Hazel to Stop Underarms Odor
- 20.) Lifestyle Remedies to Stop Underarms Odor
- 21.) Lettuce to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
- 22.) Peppermint Oil to Stop Underarms Odor
1.) Baking Soda to Stop Underarms Odor
Baking soda is an essential remedy to stop underarms odor. It helps absorb all the sweat and reduce body odor. Moreover, it kills bacteria and works like a deodorant. Take one tablespoon of baking soda and lemon juice. Mix it well. Apply it to your underarms. Leave it for 5-10 minutes. Then wash it off with water. Do not scrub it. Do this process once a day to see better results.
2.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Stop Underarms Odor
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful remedy to fight bacteria. It also helps eliminate body odor by balancing pH levels of your skin. Take some amount of apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Soak a cotton ball and rub it on your underarms. Rinse it using water. Follow this process twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to bed.
3.) Lemon Juice to Stop Underarms Odor
Lemon juice is a good remedy to treat body odor. It is acidic in nature, it helps balance the pH level of the skin. And helps kills the bacteria. Cut a fresh lemon in two half’s. Rub it directly on your underarms. Make sure your skin absorbs the juice. Allow it to dry and take a shower after that. Do this process once daily to get rid of underarms odor.
4.) Tea Bags to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
Tea consists of antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Which helps reduce the body odor from your underarms by killing the sweat bacteria. Take some amount of water to boil, put a tea bag in water for 10 minutes after then let it cool down. If you are experiencing palm sweat this remedy works great. You can also soak your body in this mixture for 15 minutes and then can take a bath.
5.) Chamomile to Stop Underarms Odor
Chamomile is also rich in astringent, antibacterial and deodorant properties. It is mainly for sweat remedy. Antibacterial properties of chamomile help remove odor from the body, whereas astringent constricts sweat glands to produce less sweat. Take some water and chamomile herb and let it steep for 5-10 minutes, let it cool down and then soak a cotton ball in it, using this cotton ball wipe your armpits and other areas of the body. You can also use chamomile oil and rub it on the sweat areas to keep yourself odorless.
6.) Tomatoes to Reduce Underarms Odor
Tomatoes consist of antiseptic properties which are beneficial for the treatment of the body odor. They help contract pores and reduce sweating. Take a tomato gently crush it. Extract the juice. Rub it on your underarms. Let it dry, then wash it off using water. Do this process twice a day for better results.
7.) Wheat Grass to Stop Underarms Odor
Wheat grass consists of chlorophyll properties. Which works like a deodorant. It also helps remove toxins from the body. To use this remedy take 2 tablespoons of wheat grass juice in a cup of water. Drink this juice on an empty stomach. Follow this remedy until your underarms odor is gone.
8.) Turnips to Stop Underarms Odor
Turnip also consists of antibacterial properties that help kill bacteria causing odor and also treat black underarms. Turnips are also a good source of vitamin C. To use this remedy cut 2-3 turnips into pieces and using a blender, blend them to make a paste. Extract all the juice from this paste. Apply this paste to your underarms and another affected area. Allow the paste to dry first. Then wash it off using water. Do this process every morning to keep yourself away from body odor. Alternatively, you can add turnip in your daily diet in salads etc.
9.) Rosemary to Stop Underarms Odor
Rosemary contains menthol and chlorophyll, which have natural deodorant properties. It also helps slow down the growth of odor causing bacteria. Moreover, it neutralizes the strong body odor. Take half a cup of dried rosemary with water. Let it into steep for 10 minutes. Add this solution to your bath water. Soak yourself for 15-20 minutes. Pat dry your skin. Follow this remedy for once a day to see better results.
10.) Sandalwood Powder to Stop Underarms Odor
Sandalwood powder is known for its soothing properties. It is an essential remedy to remove body odor. It acts as a natural deodorant. Prepare a paste using a 3-4 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and water, mix it well. Apply it to your underarms. Let it dry, then wash it off using water. Do this process for a few days to see better results.
11.) Apply Tea Tree Oil to Stop Underarms Odor
Tea tree consists of antibacterial properties. Tea tree oil acts as a natural antiseptic. It helps kill bacteria and fungi present on the surface of skin. Moreover, this oil contains a sweet odor too. Thus, apply this oil to get rid of body odor. However, it might irritate for those who have a sensitive skin with the use of tea tree oil. Such people can choose natural remedies for body odor. To use this remedy take 2 drops of tea tree oil and 2 tsp of water. Mix them well. Use this regularly instead of deodorants. Always treat anything new before you use it on your skin.
12.) Hydrogen Peroxide Remedy to Stop Underarms Odor
Underarm odor is very disturbing and should be controlled immediately to prevent further infection. Hydrogen peroxide is an effective remedy to get rid of body odor as well as foot odor. Prepare a solution by adding 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide and a cup of water. Mix the solution well. Now, take a clean cotton ball or washcloth and dip it in this solution. Apply it on the affected area for some time. This will help kill the bacteria and prevent odor.
13.) Sage to Get Rid of Underarm Odor
This is an excellent remedy to stop underarms odor. This fragrant herb reduces the activity of sweat gland. The antibacterial properties present in sage kills the bacteria thriving on the skin which is responsible for causing the bad odor. Follow the steps given below to get promising results.
- Take 5 drops each of sage essential oil and lavender oil.
- Add coriander essential oil and two ounces of witch hazel.
- Mix all these ingredients and pour it in spray water.
- Now, use this solution daily as a deodorant.
- In four cups of hot water, add two tablespoons of dried sage.
- Leave it to steep for about 15 minutes.
- Once the solution cools down, wash your underarms with this water.
- Repeat this treatment twice a day to get best results.
- Alternatively, in one cup of hot water, steep one spoon of dried sage for 10 minutes. Strain it and drink the tea twice a day.
14.) Change Your Diet to Stop Underarms Body Odor
It is well said what you eat is actually what defines your body smell. If you are tired of the body odor, then it is an urgent need to include certain food items in your diet to get rid of underarms odor. Here are is a list of suggestions to keep in mind while making some dietary changes.
- Gulp down lots of water to remove the harmful toxins from the body. If the toxins are removed from the body, you will smell fresh.
- Don’t take much caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Consume fennel seeds after having each meal.
- Don’t go for fried foods.
- Avoid processed foods and refined sugar as it can cause body odor.
- Include fiber rich foods in your daily diet.
- Avoid eating fried meat. It is not digested easily due to which toxins are produced in the body which is responsible for bad smell.
- Avoid eating spicy foods.
- Don’t eat tobacco and quit smoking.
- Eat a balanced diet that contains all the essential vitamins and proteins.
15.) Baking Soda and Cornstarch to Stop Underarms Odor
The combination of baking soda and cornstarch is excellent for people who perspire excessively. Baking soda kills the bacteria that are responsible for producing smell. Cornstarch absorbs the sweat more efficiently. Here are two ways enlisted to use this combination to get rid of underarms odor.
- Take a bath and pat dry your arms. Apply this paste of baking soda and cornstarch directly on your underarms.
- You can even apply one of these ingredients to prevent underarms odor.
16.) Parsley to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
This is a wonderful remedy to prevent underarms odor. Parsley contains anti-odor properties which help in eliminating the underarms odor. All you need to do is crush some fresh parsley leaves. Now, add these crushed parsley leaves in a cup of boiling water. Leave it like that for about 5 to 10 minutes. Strain the solution and allow it cool down naturally. Drink this solution daily to remove underarms odor. You can even chew some fresh parsley leaves two to three times a day to neutralize the bad odor. This is an excellent remedy without any side effects.
17.) Salt to Eliminate Underarms Odor
This is one of the simplest and effective remedies to eliminate body odor. The disinfectant properties of salt will stop the underarms odor. The combination of salt and warm water kills the bacteria that produce foul smell. All you need to do is soak yourself in warm saline water for 15 to 20 minutes. It is also an excellent remedy to reduce body odor especially when you wear socks and shoes. The area gets moist due to which bacteria thrive on the skin.
18.) White Vinegar to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
It is a 100% safe and effective remedy to stop underarms odor. White vinegar is a wonderful remedy to get rid of the foul body smell. It lowers the pH level of the skin due to which you feel fresh the whole day. Follow the steps given below to prevent underarms odor.
- You can apply white vinegar directly on the underarms with a cotton ball.
- Pour white vinegar in a spray bottle and use it as a deodorant after taking bath every day.
- Don’t apply vinegar immediately after shaving or waxing as it can burn the skin.
- Dilute white vinegar with water and wash your underarms daily with this water.
19.) Witch Hazel to Stop Underarms Odor
This is one of the favorable remedies to stop underarms odor. The astringent properties present in witch hazel contracts the skin pores and minimizes the production of sweat. It lowers the pH level of the skin which makes it difficult for the bacteria to thrive on the skin. It is an excellent antiperspirant. Follow the steps given below to get rid of underarms odor.
- Soak a cotton ball in solution of witch hazel.
- Rub the cotton ball on your underarms.
- Do this daily to prevent foul smell.
20.) Lifestyle Remedies to Stop Underarms Odor
Some lifestyle changes can definitely help you to get rid of underarms odor. No doubt diet plays an important role in body odor but lifestyle changes also plays an important role in body odor. Here are some tips that can help you to fight body odor.
- Wear cotton clothes so that sweat is not trapped.
- Take a bath twice a day and don’t use harsh soaps. Try to use soaps that is made up of natural ingredients.
- Do regular waxing and shaving. Hair traps sweat and invite bacteria to thrive on the skin.
- Don’t take too much stress and manage your anger. Anger and stress leads to lot of sweat which in turn causes underarms odor.
- Avoid wearing unwashed clothes as it produce body odor.
- Don’t wear tight shoes as it produces bacteria and fungi that cause foul smell.
21.) Lettuce to Get Rid of Underarms Odor
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of underarms odor. It is an amazing herb to eliminate body odor. All you need to do is chop some fresh lettuce leaves to extract its juice. Spray this juice directly on the underarms. For effective results, take a bath and then rub lettuce juice on your underarms.
22.) Peppermint Oil to Stop Underarms Odor
This is one of the wonderful home remedies to stop underarms odor. It kills the bacteria that is responsible for producing foul smell. All you need to do is rub peppermint oil directly on your underarms. Alternatively, add a few drops lavender oil in a cup of water. Pour the solution in a spray bottle and apply it on the underarms to prevent the foul smell.
Some Additional Tips to Stop Underarms Odor:
- Take a bath at least once a day.
- Wash your clothes properly after wearing them once.
- Avoid wearing tight shoes or avoid wearing shoes for a longer period of time.
- Keep yourself calm and relax and avoid stress.
- Keep yourself dry as much as you can.
- Wear cotton clothes that help soak your sweat.
- Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated and to remove toxins from the body.