In this article we will discuss different home remedies for stomach ache treatment. Stomach ache or stomach pain is one of the most common body ailments, which almost everyone suffers once in a while. The stomach pain can be mild to severe, It depends upon the reason responsible for it occurrence. Although, most of the time stomach pain does not possess any serious threat to the body. But, it can be a symptom of any severe underlying disease. Sometime you might have tried to treat stomach pain by yourself and would have even got success in curing it. But, you cannot treat it always as the treatment of stomach pain depends on the reason causing it. If you are not aware of the cause behind the pain, you cannot cure it completely. This is because without knowing the reason you may get rid of pain by taking some pain-killer or any other medication which gives relief from the pain. But, it does not mean that the problem is cured. Some treatments only reduces the pain you feel, but does not prevent the cause responsible for it. So, it is necessary to know the exact reason behind stomach pain in order to cure it completely. Below are the causes and symptoms of stomach ache. Along with it, there are some home remedies for stomach ache. These are remedies are safe and very effective to cure stomach pain.
Causes of Stomach Ache:
- Gas or bloating
- Improper digestion
- Menstrual cramp
- Allergies to some food
- Stones in the kidney.
- Stomach Ulcers
- Excessive eating
- Infection in the gall bladder
- Stomach infection
- Food poisoning
Symptoms of Stomach Ache:
- Mild or severe pain in the abdomen
- Inability to eat
- Swollen abdomen
- Tightness in the abdomen
- Difficulty in passing stool
- Breathing difficulty
- Loss of appetite
- Blood in vomit
Home Remedies for Stomach Ache Treatment
1.) Baking Soda and Lemon to Cure Stomach Ache Fast and Naturally
Baking soda is alkaline in nature. It helps to maintain the right pH level in the body. It helps remove the infection causing pain in the stomach. Baking soda is quite effective remedy in treating bloating and gas, that are the major causes of stomach pain. Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C, which is also a strong antioxidant. Lemon helps to get rid of free radicals and toxins from the body. This remedy is not recommended to those who are suffering from high blood pressure or are on a low sodium diet.
Directions to Use Baking Soda and Lemon to Treat Stomach Pain:
- Extract juice from a lemon.
- Mix it with one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water.
- Add a quarter tbsp of salt in the prepared solution.
- Drink it directly, before the fizz goes out.
- Drink it regularly until your stomach pain is gone.
2.) Chamomile Remedy for Stomach Ache Treatment
Chamomile helps to alleviate stomach pain and also relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract. If indigestion is the cause behind stomach ache, you should go for chamomile drink. It is one of the best home remedies for pain in stomach. Chamomile has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and sedative properties as well.
Directions to Use Chamomile to Prevent Stomach Ache:
- Add 1 tbsp of dried chamomile in a cup.
- Pour some boiling water in a cup and cover it up.
- Let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes before straining.
- Add lemon juice or honey as per your preference.
- Drink it 2 to 3 times a day to get rid of stomach pain.
3.) Ginger Remedy to Treat Stomach Pain Naturally and Fast
Ginger is loaded with plenty of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger helps to manage the digestion process, which in turn lowers the stomach pain. Ginger also helps to reduce the formation of free radicals. It is considered as one of the best home remedies for stomach ache. It also amplifies digestive juices and counterbalance stomach acids. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Ginger to Get Rid of Stomach Pain:
- Take a medium-size fresh ginger root and cut it into thin slices.
- Add these ginger slices in 1 cup of water.
- Boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain after it cools down a bit and drink it.
- Add honey for a better taste and added benefits of honey.
4.) Peppermint Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
Peppermint is another fine remedy which is quite useful in reducing stomach ache. Peppermint has an antispasmodic effect on the muscles present in the digestive tract. This action of peppermint helps get rid of stomach pain gas. Also, it enhances the digestion process.
Directions to Use Peppermint to Reduce Pain Due to Gas:
- Prepare a peppermint tea by adding 1 tsp of dried peppermint in a cup of boiling water
- Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes,
- Strain it before adding a little honey to it.
- Drink it slowly.
- Other than that, you can also chew some fresh peppermint leaves several times in a day.
5.) Asafoetida for Stomach Ache Treatment
Asafoetida is known for its antispasmodic and anti-flatulent properties. These properties help to cure stomach pain caused due to gas or improper digestion. Here are the methods to use it.
Directions to Use Asafoetida to Treat Stomach Ache Fast and Naturally:
- Add a pinch of asafoetida in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix it well before drinking.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day.
- You can even add a bit of rock salt in it.
- Mix 1 tsp of asafoetida in a cup of warm water.
- Drench a piece of cloth in the prepared solution.
- Hold it against your stomach for 10-15 minutes.
- It will help alleviate the pain and relax the muscle in the stomach.
- Repeat it several times a day for faster relief.
6.) Fennel Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache Fast and Naturally
If your stomach is aching due to improper digestion, fennel seeds are appropriate remedy to give you relief. This is because fennel has diuretic, carminative, anti-microbial and pain-reducing properties. It also helps to treat other indigestion symptoms such as gas and bloating. It is one of the best home remedies for stomach ache.
Directions to Use Fennel Seeds to Prevent Stomach Pain:
- Mix 1 tsp of grounded fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Steep it for 8-10 minute.
- Strain it after it cools down.
- You can add a little honey to it for a better taste and added benefits.
- Drink it twice a day for a quick relief from stomach pain.
- Chew a few fennel seeds after a meal to prevent accumulation of gas..
- Chew it three times a day to get rid of stomach ache.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for stomach ache. Apple cider vinegar is known for its antibiotic nature, which soothes the stomach and enhances digestion.
Directions to Use ACV for Stomach Pain Relief:
- Add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (ACV) in one cup of lukewarm water.
- You can add 1 tbsp (tea spoon) of honey.
- Drink this mixture several times in a day until the pain is gone.
- Instead of apple cider vinegar you can go for simple vinegar as well.
8.) Yogurt Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Pain
Yogurt is quite soothing for your tummy. Yogurt contains friendly bacteria, which helps to improve the digestion process and prevent stomach pain.
Directions to Use Yogurt for Stomach Pain Relief:
- Put a pinch of salt in 2 tbsp of plain yogurt and mix it in a cup of water.
- Now, add 3 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves juice in it along with 1 ½ tbsp (tea spoon) of cardamom powder.
- Drink this solution 1 hour after having your meals.
9.) Rice Water Remedy for Stomach Ache Relief
If you suffer stomach ache, you should only consume bland food. Bland food soothes the stomach and does not put much pressure on it. Rice water is one of the popular bland foods. It helps to reduce the inflammation and pain in the stomach. It is one of the best home remedies for stomach ache.
Directions to Use Rice Water for Stomach Pain:
- Rinse 1 ½ of white rice properly.
- Take 5 cups of water in a pan and add these washed rice in it.
- Cook them uncovered.
- When the rice starts to become softer.
- Strain the water before allowing it to cool.
- Add 1 tsp of honey in it.
- Drink this warm rice water.
10.) Warm Compress Remedy to Cure Stomach Pain
Warm compress enhances the circulation of blood and boost the digestion process. It also helps reduce pain in stomach by soothing the stomach with warmth of compress. Here is the method to use it.
Directions to Use Warm Compress for Stomach Ache Relief:
- Hold a hot water bottle or heating pad against your stomach.
- Place it for 5 to 10 minutes at a time.
- Otherwise, you can simply lie down with the heating device above your stomach.
- Repeat this several times a day for quick result.
- Enjoying a warm bath or shower twice a day.