In this article, we will take the ways to make a hot oil treatment at home. Regardless of whether you have dry hair, oily or normal hair hot oil treatment has many benefits. For hair treatment hot oil usually preferred over room temperature oil. Hot oil easily gets absorbed by the scalp and treat the hair naturally from the root which is most important to give strength, shine and color. We are providing some best hot oil treatments for hair which you can use to solve the hair issue if you have any.
Benefits of Using Hot Oil Treatment for Hair:
- Hot oil treatment repairs the damage done by hair styling. Every girl uses, at least, one method daily that plays havoc with your hair. However, if you are treating your hair to hot oil treatment then your hair will remain to behave the way you want.
- Hot oil treatment can prevent frizzy hair. It is one of the most difficult things to do without any styling. The best way eliminate frizzy hair is to get a hot oil treatment.
- Hot oil treatment is very effective in stimulating hair growth. The hot oil hair treatment effectively stimulates the growth of new hair that is thick and shinier.
- Hot oil treatment is the best way to protect hair against dandruff problems and dry scalp issues. It provides deep conditioning and intense moisturizing action to your scalp and every hair strand. Thus, give immense shine to your tresses.
Different Types of Hot Oil Treatment:
1.) Coconut Oil for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
- The first thing you should do is to purchase coconut oil from grocery stores, it is easily available. Coconut oil is generally solid at room temperature, but it melts by getting heat from your palm of the hands. Olive oil is another alternative to coconut oil as it is a natural moisturizer help to fight against dandruff. As olive oil does not have the protein preserving capability as that of coconut oil.
- Before going for hot oil treatment, you have to make sure that your hair is clean enough. Do not use any hair care at this time as they may prevent the hot coconut oil treatment from penetrating the hair follicles.
- Bring one cup of water to boil in a saucepan. Take two teaspoons of coconut oil in a small bowl and place the bowl in the water place on the stove. You also add one teaspoon of olive oil if you have a dandruff problem. For the fungal scalp, add one teaspoon of jojoba oil, which is a natural fungicide. Let the oil sit for a few minutes until it becomes warm but not hot. Make sure the oil is not too hot as it can destroy your hair and scalp.
- Make your hair damp, wet but not soaking wet. Now massage your scalp with the hot coconut oil thoroughly from root to ends. Massage all the oil into your hair for fast and better effect. Leave it for some times and then simply wash.
2.) Olive Oil for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
Many people feel comfortable with olive oil, but not all of us have the same view on the use of olive oil as we generally have for coconut oil. Olive has all the essential elements to treat hair loss and hot oil treatment using olive could be beneficial for you. Hot oil treatment is not needed to buy irrespective of the fact that they are natural but they are not. If you can make the treatment easily, then why you should spend the extra cost for the same.
- Put five tablespoons of the olive oil into a measuring cup which is perfectly heat proof.
- Place the measuring cup in a saucepan. Now simply pour water in the saucepan to a few inches.
- Warm the pan afterward until the oil temperature reaches to 100 degrees F. Remove the cup from the pan carefully.
- Massage your hair and scalp with the warm olive oil, cover the head with either a shower cap or towel. Those who have short hair they can use one teaspoon of olive oil instead.
- Leave the hair for at least half an hour and then wash it off with any normal shampoo. The oil does not take much time to get absorbed completely, there is no need to leave the hair overnight.
3.) Lavender and Geranium for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
Lavender oil is very helpful in stimulating the blood flow to the scalp and encourage hair growth. Using lavender oil and geranium hot oil treatment can be useful in restoring the shine and natural color of hair. Hot oil treatments made at home not only save your money but also they are more potent than the products available in the local stores.
- In a medium bowl, blend 3 teaspoons of sweet almond oil and one teaspoon of raw coconut oil. Heat the oil mixture and test on your wrist to check the oil temperature, make sure not to overheat the oils.
- If you have dry hair, then add 10-12 drops of geranium essential oil and if you have oily hair, then add 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Massage your hair and scalp with the warm oil, cover the head with either a shower cap or towel. Leave the hair for at least half an hour and then wash it off with any normal shampoo.
- For those who have severely damaged hair then can leave their hair overnight, but don’t forget to cover your head otherwise, your pillow can get stained. Next morning shampoo your hair with organic shampoo and then condition it.
4.) Jojoba Oil for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
Every oil is different from other in terms of their constituent and effect on the hair after applying it. Jojoba oil has acquired an important place in our list due to its ability to restructure the hair and help in restoring the shine and strength too. Take few drops of jojoba oil in a small bowl and put the bowl in a microwave for one minute. You should use hot oil, but check the temperature of the oil to avoid any damage to your hair or scalp. Touch the oil before applying it to your scalp with fingers. Once you got satisfied with safety measures, massage the scalp with the hot jojoba oil gently.
5.) Castor Oil for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
Coconut oil has all the properties needed for the hair to remain healthy, but if you are concerned with the strength of hair, then castor oil would do the trick easily, and for the curls avocado oil is recommended. It is your duty to choose the right hot oil treatment according to your hair profile and problem. Again, like jojoba oil, take a few drops of castor oil in a bowl and put in a microwave for one minute. Check the temperature for safety measures and then massage the hair gently with oil to give strength and natural shine.
6.) Almond Oil for Hot Oil Treatment at Home
Almond oil is one of the best ingredients for faster hair growth. Take five tablespoons of almond oil. You can combine some carrier oil to it. You can heat the oil to a gas or in a microwave. Make sure to not heat the oil too much, check the temperature for safety measures. Add few drops of essential oil to the bowl. This step is completely optional. You can eve use normal oils, they will work just fine. Take out the oil from the flame and check its temperature on your wrist if it is comfortable to put on your scalp. Now, slightly damp your hair and apply the mixture with a brush or fingers from roots to tips. Cover the hair with a shower cap for half an hour and then wash it off with normal shampoo.