After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, we are now writing home remedies to treat whooping cough. Whooping cough is an extreme infectious disease which infects the respiratory tract in the body. Whooping cough is also known as pertussis. Pertussis name is taken from the name of the bacteria known as Bordetella pertussis. Whooping cough is different from the normal cough. One can identify whooping cough by severe coughing followed by a high-pitched inhalation, which sounds like “whoop”. It was earlier considered as a childhood disease, as it usually occurs in infants. Person with low immunity, also get infected easily with this condition. Therefore, it is considered necessary for a pregnant women and other people who are in close contact with an infant in their home or anywhere else to be vaccinated against whooping cough. There are vaccines such as DTaP and Tdap available to prevent whooping cough. Other than vaccination, there are also some home remedies to treat whooping cough naturally. Let us know the symptom first.
Symptoms of Whooping Cough:
Remedies to Treat Whooping Cough:
- Remedies to Treat Whooping Cough:
- 1.) Proper Sleep and Rest to Treat Whooping Cough Naturally
- 2.) Garlic as a Natural Remedy to Cure Whooping Cough Fast
- 3.) Ginger as a Remedy to Treat Whooping Cough Naturally
- 4.) Raw Turmeric as a Home Remedy to Cure Whooping Cough
- 5.) Honey as a Natural Remedy Persitent Cough Treatment
- 6.) Fenugreek Seeds as a Remedy for Continuous Cough
- 7.) Humidifier for Persistent Cough Treatment
- 8.) Eucalyptus Oil as a Remedy for Continuous Cough Treatment
- 9.) Hydration to Treat Whooping Cough at Home
- 10.) Steam to Prevent Whooping Cough at Home Fast
1.) Proper Sleep and Rest to Treat Whooping Cough Naturally
Giving proper rest to your body is must in order to have a healthy body. We rest while we sleep. During sleep our body heals, repairs and maintains the organ for a proper functioning the next day. That is why doctors advise to take proper rest whenever a person suffer any health problem. If he/she don’t take proper rest regularly, his/her body is not able to function properly. It can keep one lethargic all day, he/she may feel less energetic and can suffer lack of concentration. It also lowers metabolism and immunity level, that make the person more prone to several other diseases. Likewise, in order to get rid of whooping cough, you must let your body rest a lot, so that your body gets time to heal itself. Sleep with a pillow under your head to prevent your throat from mucus blockage. And try to sleep on your sides for better sleep.
2.) Garlic as a Natural Remedy to Cure Whooping Cough Fast
Properties of Garlic:
- Strong herb which is an excellent antiseptic and anti-fungal.
- Expectorant properties as it promotes secretion of saliva and mucus by the air passages.
- Antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral and antispasmodic.
- A rich source of vitamins, which helps strengthen and improve energy.
Directions to Use Garlic:
- Take 1 tsp of fresh garlic juice 2 to 3 times a day to treat whooping cough.
- On the other hand, Take 1 to 2 tsp of garlic juice and add it to one cup of water.
- Boil it and add honey 1 tsp of honey in it.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day to get rid of whooping cough.
Other Benefits of Garlic:
3.) Ginger as a Remedy to Treat Whooping Cough Naturally
Properties of Ginger:
- Antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties.
- Improves immunity system.
- Removes toxins from your body.
- Soothes cough and sore throats.
Directions to Use Ginger:
- Take 1 tsp of fresh pounded ginger.
- Add it to 1 cup of water and boil it for a few minutes.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day to get rid of cough.
- You can add honey to sweeten it.
Other Benefits of Ginger:
4.) Raw Turmeric as a Home Remedy to Cure Whooping Cough
Properties of Turmeric:
- Turmeric contains an active contain known as curcumin.
- Curcumin helps fight infection.
- It has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Stimulates appetite and is a rich source of Vitamin C and potassium.
Directions to Use Turmeric:
- Crush some raw turmeric to a powder form.
- Add 1 tsp of powdered turmeric in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink it twice a day to treat whooping cough faster.
Other Benefits of Turmeric:
5.) Honey as a Natural Remedy Persitent Cough Treatment
Properties of Honey:
- Cough suppressant properties
- Anti-inflammatory, antioxidants and antibiotic properties.
Directions to Use Honey:
- Add 1 tsp of honey in a glass of warm water.
- You can add ½ tsp of lemon juice to it for added benefits.
- Other than that, add 1 tsp of honey to a glass of milk.
- Honey is one of the most exploited ingredients, you can use it almost in any drinks.
- You can even have 1 tsp of raw honey 2-3 times a day to fight whooping cough.
- Prefer raw honey instead of processed one. You can buy raw honey from your local farmer market.
Other Benefits of Honey:
6.) Fenugreek Seeds as a Remedy for Continuous Cough
Properties of Fenugreek Seeds:
- Helps treat fever and sore throat.
- Antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- Treats respiratory problems like coughing and whooping cough.
Directions to Use Fenugreek Seeds:
- Soak a handful of fenugreek seeds in water for the whole night.
- In the morning, crush these seeds.
- Add 1 tsp of crushed of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water.
- Drink it every day once to get rid of whooping cough.
Other Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds:
7.) Humidifier for Persistent Cough Treatment
Properties of Humidifier:
- Helps moisturize air of your room.
- Looses secretion in the nose and lungs.
- Eases coughs from cold and allergies as well.
- Prevents infection.
Directions to Use Humidifier:
- Purchase and install a humidifier.
- Instead of humidifier, you can boil some water in a bowl.
- Keep the bowl in your room to moisturize the air in it.
- Add peppermint oil to boil water for added benefits.
- Do not forget to keep humidifier clean as germs and bacterias get attracted easily to moist area.
8.) Eucalyptus Oil as a Remedy for Continuous Cough Treatment
Properties of Eucalyptus:
- Anti -bacterial, Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antispasmodic,
- Antiseptic, decongestant, expectorant, and diuretic properties.
- Heals mucous membranes
- Clear mucus from nasal cavity and lungs.
Directions to Use Eucalyptus Oil:
- Use eucalyptus oil in humidifiers.
- Add a few drops of this oil in a small cloth and sniff it at regular intervals.
Other Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil:
9.) Hydration to Treat Whooping Cough at Home
- Helps thinning mucus.
- Keeps mucous membranes moist.
- Hydration maintain proper functioning of your organs, prevents you from infection.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glass of water every day.
- Include juice, smoothies and shakes to keep hydrated.
- Include food rich in water contents such as cucumber, watermelon, lettuce, celery, and many more.
- Helps to flush out the infection from your body.
10.) Steam to Prevent Whooping Cough at Home Fast
- Loosen mucus and phlegm.
- Relieves congestion.
- Open blocked nasal passage.
- Moisturize dry and irritated air passage.
Directions for Steaming:
- Boil sufficient water in a bowl.
- Add any essential oil such as peppermint or eucalyptus oil to it.
- Stir it to release vapors.
- Lean over the bowl and cover your head with a towel like a tent.
- Do not keep your head much colder to the bowl to prevent yourself getting hurt.
- Breathe deeply for as long as you can.
- Repeat this 2-3 times a day to get rid of whooping cough faster.
Other Benefits of Steam:
- Treatment of cold
- Clogged pores treatment