The article deals with the different remedies to get rid of stomach ache. Stomach ache is a very common problem which almost everyone suffer once in their life. However, do not take the condition lightly as the reason behind the stomach ache is not just one. The reason for stomach ache can vary from a minor flu to even cancer. You need not worry about the use of the last word as most of the time, the condition is not so serious. There are several causes behind the stomach ache that we will discuss further in this article.
Well, as most of the time the pain is minor which you can treat easily with remedies available at home. You can also go for some medication that does not require a doctor’s prescription. Make sure that while you are treating the problem, you know the reasons behind it. This is because if you treat it without knowing the actual reason, you may suffer pain again. Along with remedies we have listed some of the causes and symptoms related to stomach ache. Follow the remedies properly to get rid of stomach ache fast and naturally.
Causes of Stomach Ache:
- Bloating or gas
- Excessive eating
- Allergies to some foods.
- Food Poisoning
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose intolerance
- Kidney stones
- Urinary tract infection
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
Symptoms of Stomach Ache:
- Blood in vomit
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blood in stools
- Mild or acute pain in abdomen.
- Loss of appetite
Remedies to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Fast and Naturally
- Remedies to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Fast and Naturally
- 1.) Hot Compress Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Fast
- 2.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Due to Gas
- 3.) Chamomile Tea Remedy for Stomach Ache Treatment
- 4.) Rice Water Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 5.) Lemon Water as a Remedy to Prevent Stomach Ache after Eating
- 6.) Ginger Remedy to Prevent Stomach Ache
- 7.) Fennel Seeds to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 9.) Aloe Vera Remedy for Stomach Ache
- 10.) Yogurt Remedy to Get Rid Stomach Ache Naturally and Fast
- 11.) Thyme to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 12.) Stay Hydrated to Treat Stomach Ache
- 13.) Caraway Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache
- 14.) Jarred Fruits to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 15.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Abdominal Pain
- 16.) Burned Toast to Treat Stomach Ache
- 17.) Cumin Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache
- 18.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
- 19.) Baking Soda to Reduce Abdominal Pain
- 20.) Applesauce to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
1.) Hot Compress Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Fast
Hot compress is one of the easiest natural remedies to get rid of stomach ache fast. You can use a hot pad or hot water bottle as a hot compress. Heat from hot compress will help in loosening and relaxing your muscles. So, next time when you get pain in the abdomen, you know what you have to do! Here is the proper method to do it.
Things You Need:
- A water bottle filled with hot water.
- A comfortable place to lie down.
Directions to Use Hot Compress for Stomach Pain Treatment:
- Lie down on your back.
- Place the hot pack on your tummy. Keep it only that much hot which you are comfortable with.
- Leave this for 15 to 20 minutes or as long as you can.
- Reheat it if you feel like.
2.) Peppermint to Get Rid of Stomach Ache Due to Gas
Peppermint tea is an excellent natural remedy to treat stomach ache at home. It helps in relaxing stomach muscles fast. Peppermint is also helpful in enhancing the flow of bile, which helps in proper digestion. This remedy is especially useful if you are suffering from gas, bloating or indigestion.
Things You Need:
- A few fresh peppermint leaves or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried peppermint leaves.
- A jug.
- A cup of water.
Directions to Use Peppermint for Stomach Pain Treatment:
- Add a few peppermint leaves in 1 cup of boiling water and cover it.
- Allow it to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sip it when it gets comfortable enough to drink.
- Alternatively, you can also chew some fresh peppermint leaves several times in a day to alleviate stomach pains.
- You can even buy some ready-made tea bag from your local market.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day for best result.
3.) Chamomile Tea Remedy for Stomach Ache Treatment
Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties which help ease the pain in the stomach. As stomach can get inflamed due to gastritis, caused by bacteria. Chamomile also helps relax muscles of the digestive track. When the muscles get relaxed it becomes easier for food to pass through your system, which eases and lessen the pain of spasm.
- 1 chamomile tea bag or 1-2 tsp of dried chamomile.
- A mug
- Hot water
- Decant boiling water in a cup and add a tea bag to it.
- Cover the mug and let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Instead, of teabag you can also use dried chamomile.
- Put 1 to 2 tsp of dried chamomile in a mug and pour boiling water in it.
- Cover the mug and allow it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Sip it slowly.
4.) Rice Water Remedy to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
Rice water is a very old yet effective natural remedy to get rid of a stomach ache naturally. This works as a demulcent, which means it helps relieve inflammation by soothing the lining of your stomach. This remedy is also useful in reducing burning sensation in stomach.
- 1 cup of white rice
- 3 cups of water
- A bowl
Directions to Use Rice Water for Stomach Pin Treatment:
- Cook the rice with double the amount of water you normally use.
- You can use old long-grain white rice.
- Add rice and water in the bowl and cook it on medium-low heat.
- As you see rice starting to become Soft
- Take it out from the heat and leave it for a few minutes covered.
- Strain the water and let it cool a bit.
- Drink this warm water to get rid of stomach pain.
- You can also eat the rice by mixing it with yogurt, which works as a bland meal.
5.) Lemon Water as a Remedy to Prevent Stomach Ache after Eating
Lemon water is a perfect remedy to treat stomach ache due to indigestion. It has a high acidity level which helps stimulate the production of hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloric acid is responsible for breaking down food. Increasing the level of HCL production helps the digestion process to act at a healthy rate. Lemon also helps in maintaining hydration in your body which helps prevent dehydration and water retention in the body.
- A fresh lemon
- A glass of warm water
Directions to Use Lemon for Stomach Pain Treatment:
- Squeeze juice from lemon in a glass.
- Pour warm water over lemon juice and mix well.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day regularly.
- You can also add 1 tsp honey to sweeten the drink.
6.) Ginger Remedy to Prevent Stomach Ache
Ginger has natural compound present in it called gingerols and shogaols. These compounds help relax the smooth muscle in the intestinal track, thus relieve stomach cramps or stomach ache. Ginger root is also effective in treating nausea, which may escort a pain in the stomach. Sipping warm ginger tea will help relieve stomach aches. Ginger is also useful in enhancing digestion process.
- A ginger root
- A knife or a peeler
- 1 or 2 cups of water
Directions to Use Ginger to Cure Stomach Pain:
- Take fresh ginger root and grate it in fine portion.
- Add these fine grated pieces in water, boil it for 3 minutes.
- Simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and strain.
- Drink it 2-3 times a day.
- Add honey for added benefits.
7.) Fennel Seeds to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
Another natural remedy to treat stomach ache is fennel seeds. Fennel seeds contain a volatile oil named as anethole. Anethole helps stimulate the oozing of digestive juices which aids in moving things along. It also helps in alleviating pain caused due to inflammation or gas in stomach.
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
Directions to Use Fennel Seeds for Relief from Pain in Stomach:
- After your meal, chew 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Avoid fennel, if you are pregnant.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is an excellent natural home remedy to improve digestion process. It is very effective in dealing with stomach pain due to indigestion. Apple cider vinegar helps in absorbing the nutrients to improve digestion and easing the pain in the stomach. Here is the method.
- 2-3 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- A glass of warm water.
Directions to Use ACV for Stomach Pain Relief:
- Add 1-2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Drink it half an hour before your meal for a smooth digestion process.
9.) Aloe Vera Remedy for Stomach Ache
Aloe Vera is another fine ingredient for treating stomach pain naturally. This gel has cooling properties which help in reducing inflammation in your stomach fast. It also helps you to get rid of bloating, constipation and diarrhea, which may trigger stomach pain.
- Fresh Aloe Vera leaves or ready-made juice
- A glass of warm water
Directions to Use Aloe Vera to Cure Stomach Ache:
- Extract the gel from the fresh Aloe Vera leaves.
- Mix this fresh in a glass of warm water and sip it slowly.
- You can also buy Aloe Vera juice from the market as well.
- Drink it twice a day for effective results.
10.) Yogurt Remedy to Get Rid Stomach Ache Naturally and Fast
Yogurt is a strong defense against an upset stomach. It contains healthy and friendly bacteria which soothe your stomach fast. It helps in alleviating irritable bowel syndrome and bloating which may be the reason behind pain in your stomach.
- A cup of yogurt
- Coriander leaves juice
- Cardamom powder
Directions to Use Yogurt for Stomach Pain Relief:
- Add a pinch of salt in 2 tbsp of plain yogurt.
- Add 3 tsp of juice from coriander leaves to it.
- Lastly, Mix 1 ½ tsp of cardamom powder.
- Consume it 1 hour after your meals for relief from stomach ache.
11.) Thyme to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of stomach ache. Thyme not only reduces the stomach pain and gas but at the same time improves the overall functioning of the digestive system. The carminative and antispasmodic properties of thyme push the gas in a downward direction. It is a wonderful remedy to get relief from all the stomach problems. Follow the steps given below to get rid of stomach ache.
- Take one cup of warm water and add one teaspoon of dried thyme leaves.
- Cover the cup with a lid and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Strain the leaves out and sip the tea slowly.
- Repeat this remedy 3 to 4 times a day to get relief from all stomach problems.
12.) Stay Hydrated to Treat Stomach Ache
This is one of the most amazing home remedies to treat stomach ache. Dehydration is one of the major causes behind stomach ache. Therefore, it is very necessary to keep yourself hydrated all the time. When patients suffer from dehydration, they avoid drinking and eating anything. But at the same time, when you don’t eat anything, the stomach produces acids which cause more stomach discomfort and increases vomiting.
You need to take small quantities of water at a time. It is recommended to take some liquid in every 15 minutes. It not only keeps the body hydrated but also helps to get rid of stomach ache and also speeds up the recovery process. You need to drink atleast 6 to 8 glasses of water per day for the proper functioning of the digestive system. It also flushes out the toxins from the body. Here is a list of few liquids you can take to get relief.
- Caffeine free tea
- Sparkling water
- Clear broths
- Apple juice and cranberry juice
- Sports drink
13.) Caraway Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache
This is one of the most beneficial remedies to cure stomach. This is a very good food source to increase the dietary fiber in your diet. It is wonderful remedy if the stomach ache is caused due to indigestion and gas. Follow the steps given below to cure stomach ache.
- Take a cup of hot water.
- Add one teaspoon of caraway seeds and stir well.
- Leave it like that for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and drink it empty stomach.
- Repeat this process 2 times a day to get relief from the discomforts of stomach ache.
14.) Jarred Fruits to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the most effective remedies to get relief from all the stomach problems. The antioxidants and vitamins present in jarred fruits speeds up the recovery process. These fruits are easily digestible and relieve the stomach cramps. All you need to do is eat a lot of jarred fruits such as peaches, apricots, and pears. One thing you need to do is avoid eating pineapples as it can cause acidity and irritate your stomach. Eat a lot of jarred fruits and help your body to recover fast.
15.) Oatmeal to Get Rid of Abdominal Pain
This is one of the natural remedies to get rid of abdominal pain. The soluble and insoluble fiber present in oatmeal helps to relieve the problem of constipation. It is a great food choice when you are suffering from stomach ache. It also balances the cholesterol levels and prevents cancer. Oatmeal is also a great choice for maintaining blood sugar levels. Oatmeal is also a wonderful food item if you want to lose weight. If the stomach ache is caused by diarrhea, then this is a great food choice.
16.) Burned Toast to Treat Stomach Ache
This is a wonderful remedy to ease down the stomach cramps. This remedy works well if the stomach ache is caused by food poisoning. Burned toast contains charcoals that help in neutralizing the toxins present in the body. Burned toast is also a part of BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet, which is used to get rid of stomach cramps. All you need to do is add burned toast if the stomach ache is caused by diarrhea. If you are worried about the carcinogens present in the burned toast, then you can consult your doctor.
17.) Cumin Seeds to Cure Stomach Ache
This is one of the most beneficial home remedies to cure stomach ache. It is one of the most easily available ingredients. This remedy has been used from centuries for stomach ache and indigestion. Cumin contains a substance called thymol which increases the enzymes secretion. This substance improves the digestion process. Follow the steps given below to cure stomach ache.
- Take one fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds powder.
- Mix half teaspoon of maunka honey in it
- Take this mixture 3 to 4 times a day to cure stomach ache.
18.) Asafetida to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the most amazing home remedies to get rid of stomach ache. The antiflatulent and antispasmodic properties of asafetida give instant relief from stomach ache caused by gas or indigestion. Follow the steps given below to get rid of stomach ache.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of asafetida.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix it well and drink it thrice a day.
- Alternatively, take a cup of warm water and mix one teaspoon of asafetida. Soak a cloth in this cup for some time. Squeeze it and place it on your stomach. Keep it on the stomach for about 15 to 20 minutes to reduce pain. Repeat this several times a day to get relief.
19.) Baking Soda to Reduce Abdominal Pain
This is one of the beneficial remedies to reduce abdominal pain. The alkaline nature in baking soda balances the pH level of the body and neutralizes the acid. It is a wonderful remedy to get rid of stomach ache caused by gas and bloating. Adding lemon will increase the effectiveness of this method. Lemon is loaded with vitamin C, which helps in removing the free radicals from the body. Follow the steps given below to reduce abdominal pain.
- Take one glass of warm water and add juice of one lemon.
- Mix one teaspoon of baking soda and one quarter teaspoon of salt.
- Drink it immediately, before the frizz goes out.
- Repeat this 3 to 4 times a day to reduce stomach ache.
Precaution: Avoid using this remedy if you have high blood pressure.
20.) Applesauce to Get Rid of Stomach Ache
This is one of the natural home remedies to get rid of stomach ache. Applesauce helps to get instant relief from upset stomach. It is also a great remedy to improve the digestion system. Adding cinnamon will increase the effectiveness of applesauce. All you need to do is add a cup of applesauce two to three times a day to treat stomach ache. It is also good for nutrition.
Tips to Prevent Frequent Stomach Ache
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Avoid eating food items that produce gas.
- Eat a balanced diet and include fiber rich foods.
- Avoid overeating as it can cause abdominal pain.
- Keep a food log of what you eat.